Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Matariki



            
               Matariki



 Hello today Totara Whanau had learnt about Matariki. If you dont know what  Matariiki is I will tell you. lets go . Matariki is a time were crops start to grow and eels get big and juicy. Let me tell you about what we did for Matariki. We all sat down on the soft carpet but hard carpet we could not  holed the excitement in us we all started to talk about Matariki and how we really just wanted to get started, and have a super day.  I was doing sowing, Let me tell you how it challenged me At the start when we were told to go by the window to trace our peace of paper. The piece of cotton we could choose were cool I choose a inside of a pawa(paua) shell.After we had traced our shape we had iron it onto the cloth and cut it out. Then we had to place the patterned cloth onto a piece of black cloth where we thought each piece went. If it was not right, the teachers would tell us where it needed to go. Then we peeled the paper off the back of the coloured material and ironed the patterned and the black material together. Then we stitched around the outside of the patterned material. We then cut out small stars to add to the black material and stuck them on. The stars represented the seven sisters of Matariki. I hope your matariki was as fun as mine.

What challenged me was when I was tracing my work by the window and we had to be very care full .

What was hard when I was doing the sewing I got into the learning pit for a little bit then made it out because I used my perseverance muscle when I was cutting out my sewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment